Sunday, July 11, 2010

Happening happening.

IO is coming to an end. So is World Cup 2010. The 1st time in my life getting so involved in WC. I felt so proud of myself..understanding and analyzing the formations and tactics of those teams, watching the matches in those wee hours of the nights, discussing those matches with my colls, predicting correctly some of the winning teams and so randomly, supporting my convictions monetarily. Perhaps it was solely due to the company. LOL

Every 4-years is different. Just like WC2010 being different from WC2006. Then, I rmb watching the head-butt of Zidance at some 5am and going to school in the afternoon, where the hottest topic of the day was nth but the match and its blunders. I'm sure WC2014 would be a different ballgame too.

Everyone is graduating. Okay good. Congrats. But i dun feel the significance abt it. Convo is just a ceremony. That gown is just a non-living thing that one puts on to take fotos. It actually has not much meaning. Learning doesn't stop upon graduation. Life doesnt change MUCH upon graduation. Your peers become ur colls. The Earth still turns. It just means that u're gonna face the harshness and competition of the working society. And u may or may not be ready for it.
Back 20 yrs ago, perhaps it would really make a HUGEEEE diff. But today, come on, in any big org..i'm sure there're more than 75% of the staff who have worn that gown before. So then, a big deal?

When its my turn, I would have been working for 6mths. I probably would be taking a day off from work to attend that ceremony and the next day i'll be back to work, like nth fantastic has happened the day before. None of my colls would be happie for me or to celebrate for me. They might throw more work to me cos of that recently-received cert. Or maybe they would have done that the very 1st day i entered the org. So then again, a big deal?

Yah, still different pple with different opinions. The journey would have been different for everyone too. Just my 2c worth..don't even have to take it too seriously.

Last week of IO. The best emoticon to describe would be :S A summation of :) and :(
I had the most fun with my fellow intern frens. As for the colls..maybe i'm still not too close with them. But i don't doubt there "niceness". Then again, who wants to wake up early? Who wants to be like a sardine in a can-squashed and i-dunno-wat. Who wnats to use their brains for the whole day? Who wants to be so shag at nite that they cant even do any other things other than slp? Haha.

Two things i've learned: I would treasure my last week of IO.
I would too, treasure my last sem of school.